This document is to show an example of using Running Total function in Cognos.
1. The data fields are shown in the list below.
2. Click on Report and Select Query 1.
3. Click on Tools and drag Query Calculation to the Data Items pane.
4. Change the Name to ‘Running Total for Student Count Per Term’
running-total([Student Count] for [Term Code])
5. You will see the following as shown below.
6. Click on Report and Select Page1.
7. Select ‘Running Total for Student Count Per Term Code’ data field and drag it to the list.
8. Run the report in HTML.
9. Report Output with Running Total. Expected Running Total Output is 2+1=3 and 3+8=11, etc