ServiceNow 12.43.0 - 12.43.1 Release Notes
Release 12.43.1 hotfixed the following issues in the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on October 13, 2023.
HR Service Delivery
- Added additional HR services to the General Inquiry form and adjusted the assignment group for some HR Services.
- The old Timekeeper Access Form will now redirect customers to the new form automatically.
Release 12.43.0 introduced the following new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on October 11, 2023.
HR Service Delivery
- Fixed a bug where email replies would not be added to the activity log of HR staff development cases as a comment.
- HR cases will now send an email notification to the new assignee even if the case is in the Draft state, if the assignee changes.
- Attachments on CSM cases will now copy over to transferred HR cases.
- Customers can no longer open an HR General Inquiry for HR Services that have their own specific form, such as the Rehired Retiree Approval.
- When searching for a customer or subject person, HR agents will now see department, VC area, employee ID, and email address in the drop-down suggestions.
- Adjusted the configuration of the New HR Case Creation screen. The system will now give more priority to names over other fields, which means that results should be more consistent when searching for a customer.
- Added logic to transfer to live agent topic block to include case creation nodes when user is not logged in.
Request Catalog and Service Portal
- Released new OnBase Access Request Form.
- Updated the account value for student authorized payers.
- Updated the filter for the two "requested for" fields to restrict these fields only to Staff accounts that are active for the Order Computer Equipment form.
- Updated language for Non-Credit Canvas Course workflow and approvals.
- Added a user to the Marketing Managers dropdown on Extension Form for Marketing.
- Made enhancements to SFP Access Request Form.
Agent View and User Records
- ServiceNow now imports preferred names for students and staff members through the Student and Employee Activity Hubs on a nightly basis. To learn how to change your preferred name, please see this knowledge article: https://support.ucsd.edu/its?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0032749
- Fixed a bug where incorrect Activity Directory name data would overwrite names set by the Employee and Student Activity Hubs.
- Standardized and reorganized the display of the "Administrator" and "Case" views for customer contacts.
- For manually created guest contacts, agents can now modify the contact's name by using the "First, Middle, and Last Name" fields. The "Preferred First Name" and "Preferred Last Name" fields are no longer used for this, and are no longer visible.
- When clicking on the preview "i" icon next to a customer contact, you will now see a more helpful popup window with student and employee information fields displayed without needing to open the record.
- Fixed Manager Rollup to remove inactive users.
- Added Major Incidents related lists to service offerings and services.
- Cleaned up actions on hamburger menu for cases