Find out how to add content to a general CMS template page.
Steps to Take
When you click Edit on a page in the CMS, the Edit screen will pop-up, showing the fields you can edit for that page.
Tip: If you find it difficult to enter your content in the small text area, click the full screen icon toggle to bring up a full screen. To return to the regular view, click the full screen icon again.
- Metadata: Pages start with the metadata fields: Display Name, Title, Summary, Author.
- Alternate Logo: You can choose an image to override the default logo set for your site. Be sure to discuss this with your site manager.
- Navigation: Automatic Nav is selected by default. This will generate the left navigation from the Display Name entries of the surrounding pages.
We recommend leaving it this way unless you have a compelling reason to override the navigation. If you choose to use manual navigation, you can enter it into the WYSIWYG field, or use a shared block.
There are 3 types of column blocks:
- Left Blocks display content on the left column of the page
- Middle Blocks display content in the center of the page
- Right Blocks display content in the right-hand column of the page (3-column template only)
Manipulating column blocks
- To create more column blocks (left, middle, or right), click the plus sign.
- To delete a column block, click the red X.
- To reorder column blocks, use the up and down arrows.
- Note: These icons are greyed out until you mouse over them, this does not mean they are not active.)
Choosing column block content
For each block, select either WYSIWYG or Shared Block under Content to Use.
If you choose WYSIWYG, you will use the WYSIWYG editor to enter content.
If you choose Shared Block, you need to choose which shared block to use:
- Click Choose Block and Browse to the block you want in the _block-content folder.
- Click Choose.
Using shared blocks lets you create a section of content once and place it on different areas of your website. To create a shared block:
- Click Add Content and choose Block.
- Enter a system name for the block.
- Enter the content in the Block Content field.
- Click Save & Preview.
- Click Submit.
- You can now place this block in any column on a page.