Create a SQL Statement
Use this guide to review how to create a select SQL statement to use in the SQL Executer.
- As you review the statements and clauses below, note that brackets identify optional information. Include a bracketed item if you want to select more specific data.
- If you don't know the SQL programming language, you can use QueryLink by clicking the Queries button in FinancialLink, EmployeeLink, Student/Class Info tools, and DataLink.
Steps to Take
1. Start your query with the select statement.
- select [all | distinct]
A select statement queries the database and retrieves selected data that match the specified criteria.
2. Add field names you want to display.
3. Add your statement clause(s) or selection criteria.
4. Review your select statement.