ServiceNow 12.34.1 Release Notes
Release 12.34.1 introduced a hotfix to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on August 18, 2023.
Service Portal/Request Catalog
- Fixed Notifications for the FIM and Facilities Activity Hub Request Form.
- Added Work Notes indicating if AD integration succeeded or failed.
- Changed final catalog task assignment group to ITS-BIA, not ITS-WorkstationLifecycle.
- Created Fix Script to fix the models on the assets imported for the SATLP program.
Business Office Cases
- Added EMBO and VCSABO as well as their respective units, added both options to "Submit a Business Office Request" form, added EMBO to "Purchase Goods" and "Employee AD/Email Request" forms.
Release 12.34.0 introduced new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on August 16, 2023.
Service Portal/Request Catalog
- Updated the Undergraduate Scholarship Payment Request Form academic year field to retire the Summer 2021, 2021-2022 year options and replace it with Summer 2024, 2023-2024 academic year.
- Modified onSubmit script so that agents can edit chart strings on their end without error
- A new form for the Hardware Lending program to allow students to request loaner laptops from the library
- Added catalog client script to Submit A Business Office Request form to ingest URL parameters, enabling functionality for coded links
- Built a Topic Block to communicate the Service Desk support channels and hours.
- The intended use case of this Topic Block is for situations where, whatever issue or situation the user is facing, the only solution is to talk to someone at the ServiceDesk via one of their direct contact methods (phone, in-person, or Agent Chat), AND there is some reason why we can't send them to Agent Chat immediately. For example: if we need the customer to wait some amount of time before it is appropriate to contact a Service Desk agent, or if it is after hours and there is nobody on Agent Chat.
- Built a VA topic to walk users through the process of regaining access to Duo when they have switched mobile devices and/or phone numbers.
- Developed a topic to help users troubleshoot login issues with Concur.ucsd.edu. The primary issue this will address are people not choosing UCSD from the drop-down along with the "remember my choice" box being selected, which locks them into the UCOP login page. Only by clearing their cache/cookies will this issue be resolved. This topic is being pushed up to production, with VA deactivated. It will be ready when we activate VA.
- Built a Topic Block that communicates the hours and location for The Hive, the ITS tech support desk for administrative staff. Topic will be promoted to prod so it is ready for VA launch.
- Built a topic that calls the "ServiceDesk hours" and "The Hive hours" topic blocks. This topic prompts the user to ask which of the two support areas they're interested in, and then calls those Topic Blocks to provide info for when/where to go for in-person tech support. Topic is being promoted to production so it is ready for VA launch.
- Built a VA Topic that provides information to students inquiring about their course list in Canvas. Students add/drop courses using the application "webreg", but they manage their course grades, class materials, etc in Canvas. Specifically, this topic will attempt to deflect SD interactions by communicating that changes to courses (in webreg) appear in Canvas the following day.
- Created the new topic that collects essential information about hardware incidents and routes the resulting Case to the Field Support Intake queue.
- Build a topic that walks students through the process of resetting passwords for their Course Accounts, accounts created for specific Courses, following the flow above.