ServiceNow 12.40.0 Release Notes
Release 12.40.0 introduced the following new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on September 20, 2023.
HR Service Delivery
- HR Cases will no longer change from "Draft" or "Ready for agent" to "Work in Progress" if a customer emails with additional information before an agent has changed the status of the case.
- The Employee Center performance indicator widget (identified as a stopwatch icon in the bottom left corner) now only appears in the portal for users with a role of admin.
- Emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will create new HR cases for the HR Admin assignment group.
- Comments added to a closed complete or closed incomplete HR case will now generate an email notification to the customer and, if applicable, the external watch list.
- Fixed an issue where the Fallback topic was not triggering properly.
- Added a new branch for Eighth College and added additional operating hours to the existing branches.
Request Catalog and Service Portal
- Changed the workflow for Confluence or Jira Access Requests so that Workstation Lifecycle only receives tasks when auto-adding users to AD groups fails.
- Added fields for non-ITS requests to give reasons for access to Jira or Confluence.
- Moved Laptop Lending form on the Student Portal.
- Removed a form from the Student Portal.