Building Plans and CAD Drawings
I can’t find my floorplans!
To view a floorplan, first find the floor (NOT the building) that you are looking for, or a room on that floor.
- Click on Portfolio in the top navigation bar
- Click on Floors
- Use the text boxes to filter the list of floors to the one that you are looking for (enter part of the building name to limit the building list).
- Click on the link (anywhere on the row is fine) for the floor that you are looking for.
- A window will pop-up with details about that floor. Click on the Graphic tab at the top.
- You should now see the floorplan.
I want my floorplan to have labels and colors!
Once you’ve gotten to a floorplan, click the Menu button in the top-left corner.
- To add labels to a space (such as the room number, square feet, space classification, or occupants), select from the Labels pull-down menu.
- To label the rooms with colors, select from the Reports pull-down menu. Then click the button for Preferences, and check the box next to Display, then click apply. This will give you a color-coded report overlaid on the floorplan.
I want to print my floorplan!
- Once you’ve gotten to a floorplan, click the Menu button in the top-left corner.
- Click the button that says Export.
- You may choose either PDF or PNG format
- The exported image will be whatever you currently have in the map tool.
I can’t find the as-built plans! Where are the CAD drawings?
All of the old building plans and CAD files are still available in FIS (https://fis.ucsd.edu). Continue to access them the same way that you always have.
If you have contractors that need access to plans, request a FIS login for them.