ServiceNow 8.2.2 - 8.2.3 Release Notes
Release 8.2.2 introduces fixes to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UCSD and was implemented on October 14, 2020.
- In the portal, knowledge articles have two additional widgets at the bottom of each article: a rating widget and a feedback widget. Both of these widgets displayed the "Rate this article" 5-star feature, which led to confusion for some users as which one is correct (both worked) and also led to multiple ratings recorded for the same user. In this release, we have removed the extra instance of the rating feature from the feedback widget and users will correctly only see one now.
- Previously, when users used the portal to comment at the same time as approving or rejecting an approval request, the comment they provided would be posted twice. This was due to an overlap in the page's scripting. In this release, the script has been optimized and approval/rejection comments will correctly post one time only.
- In a previous release, we introduced a feature that would allow groups to automatically pull in knowledge articles into the "Case Opened" notification. That feature prompted us to reexamine our "Case Opened" notification's language and layout for a better user experience. You can see the new format and how it compares to the previous format at this link.
- Prior to this release, any agent in ServiceNow incorrectly had the ability to delete any request item record. To better safeguard the database, the security rules were fixed and the ability to delete request item records has been locked to admins only (as is typical for most of ServiceNow).
- The UCPath Access Request Form checks to see if the requester has completed mandatory training by looking up information in the UC Learning Center. This lookup was incorrectly using the old PPS ID and was returning errors for some staff. The lookup now correctly uses the new UCPath ID.
Release 8.2.3 introduced two fixes to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UCSD and was implemented on October 21st, 2020.
- With our commitment to provide release notes for production updates to ServiceNow, we made a button on the banner for agents to show them when new release notes have been published. We realized after the fact that for very small fixes (like this one) we do not need to display the "new notes!" badge each time. In this hotfix release we have made it possible for us to publish new release notes without making the badge appear.
- Some users reported that their supervisor information was not correctly loading into ServiceNow from Employee Activity Hub (EAH). This hotfix adjusts the way we search for and update supervisors for employees during our nightly data load from EAH.