ServiceNow 8.10.0 Release Notes
Release 8.10.0 introduced the following new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on January 6, 2021. Happy new year!
- Previously, the "Follow Up By" date would display errors when using certain date formats. The field should now accept all date formats.
- We have slightly updated the inbound action logic for firstname.lastname@example.org so that only one case gets created instead of two.
- A new API has been stood up that will allow other developers across campus to be able to integrate directly with our Case management tables. The API is fully documented and feature rich to ensure that cases are being created without error. The API is not meant as a replacement to normal ingestion methods (Service Portal, Email, and Agent view) but as a way for other systems to provide good user experiences to their users, and since it is an API, to utilize it entails the need of development on the consumer's part. A request for access form has also been released to automate the gaining of access to this API.
- Previously, when a user's request to publish a knowledge base article (KBA) was rejected, the rejections notes weren't included in the email response. We have updated the logic to show said rejection comments in the email whenever this occurs.
- To resolve a bug that was affecting some workflows, the way agents gained access to response templates was updated from role management to ACL management.
- Oracle Approvals - In order to allow easier reporting on outstanding approvals, agents can now create reports against the "FinUnit Approval Group Membership" database view. This database view allows you to directly see members of the approval group for a specific financial unit.
- We have exposed our self-service category management forms to service owners and service offering managers. This will provide a quick turnaround time when managing case categories.
- We have updated the implementation method for the Student Activity Hub Request form while maintaining the same approval logic.
- We added a variable on the UCPath Access Removal Request form for users to include their UCPath employee ID which will help expedite the process.
- A bug was discovered when a user who didn't have a Sys 18 ID (in ServiceNow) submitted an Oracle System Role Access Request form. The bug caused the RITM to stay in a frozen state. We have since updated the logic to prevent this from happening.