Subscribe to a Mailing List
Follow these steps to subscribe to a UC San Diego mailing list. Before you can subscribe to a list, you will need an email account.
Steps to Take
Find a list
Locate the list you want to join:
- Enter the list's URL into a browser, e.g., http://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/ListName-l, (replace ListName with the actual name of the list. The final character is a lowercase letter 'L' for 'list.') or
- Email email@example.com.
Complete these fields when you get to your list:
- Your e-mail address
- Your name (optional)
- Pick a password by:
- Entering a password and then reentering it to confirm your choice, or
- Leaving the password fields blank. Mailman will generate and e-mail a password to you.
- Select your daily digest preference:
- Yes if you want to receive list messages in one "batched" e-mail
- No if you want to receive individual list messages in your inbox as they are posted
- Note: View or change your list options to change this preference any time after you subscribe.
- Click Subscribe
- You'll receive an e-mail with "Confirm" in the subject line, followed by an alpha-numeric string. Follow the e-mail's instructions to confirm your subscription.
- Once confirmed, you will receive an e-mail with "Welcome" in the subject line. Save this e-mail for future reference. Follow the e-mail's instructions to log in and set up your options for the first time with the included:
- Mailing list password
- Links to manage your membership options
Note: Some mailing lists require administrator approval before your subscription is enabled.