Send Voice Mail Messages
Refer to the following steps to send voicemail messages through the UC San Diego Unified Messaging system.
Steps to Take
1. Identify your message recipient(s)
- Call the UC San Diego Unified Messaging:
- If you are on campus call 42000
- If you are off campus call (858) 534-42000, and press # to access the system.
- Access your Voicemail Personal Contacts to identify recipients or group names:
- Enter a group name (last name first) then press # or list multiple groups separated by #
- Press # to end the list.
2. Record your message
- Begin recording your message after the prompt.
- To Stop/continue recording Press 2
- To Approve for sending Press #
- To set routing options, Press 0
3. Routing Options
- Hang up to send your message
- Choose one of the following options:
- Press 1 for future delivery
- Press 2 to set urgent status
- Press 3 to restrict forwarding
- Press 4 to request a receipt
- Press 5 to leave a callback number
- Press * to return to recording options