View Turnitin Feedback in Canvas
If you're a student who has submitted an assignment to Turnitin through Canvas, instructors may use the Turnitin Feedback Studio to leave comments and feedback on your assignment. See the steps below for instructions on accessing this feedback.
- Turnitin is a third-party tool that can be used in Canvas to check for plagiarism and leave feedback for students.
- In order for students to see feedback left on their Turnitin submission, the instructor must make the feedback (including the numerical grade on the submission) visible to students.
- The availability of feedback can be controlled manually by instructors, or based on a 'Post Date' that the instructor sets when setting up the assignment.
Steps to Take
- Log into canvas.ucsd.edu
- Select your course from the Canvas Dashboard to enter the course site
- Using the white course navigation menu on the left side of the page, click Grades. This page will display a list of course assignments.
- Navigate to the row corresponding to the Turnitin Assignment, and click on the Assignment Name. This will take you to the Submission Details page, which shows the original file submitted to the assignment dropbox.
- Note: If the assignment name is not clickable, it is likely that the instructor has not yet made feedback visible to students. If this is the case, the grade for the assignment may also be hidden. Please follow up with your instructor/TA.
- From the Submission Details page, click the blue View Feedback link to view comments and feedback.
- Use your cursor to hover over the speech bubbles on the paper to expand the comments. Other comments may appear inline.