ServiceNow 8.6.0 Release Notes
Release 8.6.0 introduced new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UCSD and was implemented on November 18, 2020.
ServiceNow Manage Group Form
- There was a bug where RITMs submitted via the Manage ServiceNow Group form would stay active after closure. We have addressed this issue and the active flag now flips over accordingly
ServiceNow - Kuali Research API Connection
- We have updated our API key for our Kuali Research access provisioning workflow.
- In the agent view, certain list collector fields that reference the user table would only display names when the agent was typing in the search field. Since some users have the same name as each other or because some users have multiple user records, this would make it difficult for the agent to pick the correct user. In this release, all commonly used user list collector fields have been updated to display both the username and email address (if available) along with the name.
- Previously, we allowed Major Incidents to be submitted for organizations outside of IT. This would cause confusion within the ServiceDesk. Since only IT is using major incidents, we updated the organization picker to autofill to IT and made it read-only. this was the ServiceDesk won't get confused when creating a major incident.
UC Exchange Application
- Cases that are sent and received via integration with the UC Office of the President and UC San Diego Health are now easier to identify and report on.
- The integration between external UC campuses (UCOP and UCSD Health) and our campus has been improved with better watch list functionality.
Oracle Elevated Access Form
- Previously, some approvals for the Oracle Elevated Access form would get skipped. We have updated the workflow behind it so that it doesn't skip approvals.
UCPath Access Form
- Previously, this form handled both the granting and removal of UCPath access. We have since split the forms into one for granting access and one for removing access.
- Initially, there was one UCPath Access form that granted and revoked UCPath access. We have now split this into two forms so that there now exists a UCPath Access Removal form that lives on the Payroll/Path portal.
- There was a slight issue where the agent didn't know if the user requesting UCPath Access had completed the training(s) on the LMS. We have now added the variable and displayed it for the agent.
ServiceNow Confluence API Connection
- There was a recent change to the API connection between ServiceNow and Confluence. We have since updated the credentials and re-established the connection.
UCPath Cognos Form
- When a user submitted a request for "Payroll/Finance" reports, the two choices that appeared (restricted or unrestricted reports) were not mandatory. We have now updated the logic so that these options are now mandatory.
Employee Activity Hub Consumer Request Form
- We slightly updated a task short description in the EAH Consumer Request form.
Release 8.6.1 introduced one fix and one enhancement to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UCSD and was implemented on November 22, 2020.
Payment Request Form
- Fixed a malformed link and a script that was causing incorrect data validation.
UCSD Scheduler Application
- After receiving feedback, the Scheduling application has been updated to send confirmation emails to the organizer and timeslot assignee upon submission. Additionally, a user who signs up for a second time-slot will automatically release their previously selected timeslot.
Release 8.6.2 introduced one fix and one enhancement to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UCSD and was implemented on November 25, 2020.
Oracle System Roles
- Previously, some approvals for the Oracle System Access form would get skipped. We have updated the workflow behind it so that it doesn't skip approvals.
- There was a bug discovered where a RITM would remain open even after the workflow had been completed. This caused confusion amongst agents since it wasn't clear if the work had been done or not. We have addressed this issue in this hotfix.
Non Salary Cost Transfer
- We have added additional fields to the Non Salary Cost Transfer form.