Print from Integrated Financial Information System (IFIS)
Learn how to print from the Payroll Personnel System (PPS) on the mainframe. The example below shows how to print an item from the General Accounting Menu.
- Before printing from the mainframe, your printer must be registered by the mainframe team and given a printer 'U' id number. See instructions on how to register your printer to print from the mainframe.
- If you encounter an issue printing from mainframe applications, please submit a ticket along with the printer 'U' number so the issue can be researched.
Steps to Take
- Log onto the mainframe.
- You must have a user ID and password to log onto the mainframe. If you don't yet have a user ID and password, contact your departmental security administrator. (Find your DSA.)
- Select IFIS from the main menu and press Enter.
- Select the type of document you want to print. After you made your select, press Enter.
- Select the item you want to print, then press Enter.
- Complete the REPORT PRINTER ID with your printer ID as shown below:
- If you don't know your printer ID:
- Put your cursor in the REPORT PRINTER ID field.
- Press Shift and F3 to open the Printer Maintenance Screen.
- Enter S in the ACTION column next to the name of your printer
- Press Enter. You will return to the Report Request Screen, where the correct Printer ID will appear in the field
- Press Enter.
- Press F3 to go back to the IFIS main menu