ServiceNow 8.19.0 - 8.19.3 Release Notes
Release 8.19.0 introduced the following new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on 2021-03-03.
- We have merged the 'Approval Group Management' forms with the 'Assignment Group Management' forms. There is now only one form to manage both of these groups called 'Group Management' which lives in the IT Services Request Catalog.
- We have added the ability to edit a group's parent for both the Budget & Finance and Student organizations.
- We have updated the ordering and verbiage of the 'Solution Proposed' notification sent to the customer. The comments of the case are now above the 'Accept' or 'Reject' buttons.
- We have updated the time period in which the ServiceDesk's after-hours blurb appears for the customer.
Request Catalog (Customer Portal)
- When attaching documents on the portal, users would see the comment 'Attachment added' twice. We have since updated the logic to prevent this from happening.
- We have changed the UCPath Access Request form so that it only displays departments from Employee Activity Hub (Payroll Departments).
- We hid the option to remove access on the Oracle & Concur Role request form. This form is intended to grant access only.
Request Catalog (Agent View)
- We added "Requires Fulfiller Action" to the Catalog Task table (sc_task).
- Catalog tasks now have a button called "Request Info" that work similarly to the "Request Info" button found on cases:
- An agent can provide a comment to the customer and then click the "Request Info" button on the catalog task. This will set the "Requires Fulfiller Action" flag for the catalog task to false.
- This button will only appear on catalog tasks that are not closed.
- Whenever any person other than the catalog task assignee(s) makes a comment on the Request Item (the customer side of the catalog task), the "Requires Fulfiller Action" flag will be set back to true.
- By these powers combined, groups can now adjust their reports to utilize the "Requires Fulfiller Action" flag to filter/sort out catalog tasks that are not closed but do not actually need current fulfiller action. A common filter would be as follows:
Release 8.19.1 introduced the following new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on 2021-03-07.
- Some user's reported seeing error messages pop-up when viewing a ticket on the portal. We have addressed the issue in this hotfix.
- We recently released an enhancement for agents to copy over case task comments to the parent case. The link on the work note was not taking the agent to the right page, which has been fixed in this patch.
Release 8.19.2 introduced the following new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on 2021-03-08.
- We deactivated a redundant scheduled job and business rule that handled a group's member count.
Release 8.19.3 introduced the following fix to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented 2020-03-10.
- While reviewing legacy incidents created prior to the launch of Customer Service Management (CSM), we found that the "Don't send resolution notice" checkbox was not functioning properly. Comments were still required, which would then send a notification to the client. This patch updates this functionality to work as intended, not requiring a comment if the box is checked.