Getting Access to Collab (Confluence)
Collab (Confluence) is a central documentation platform ITS uses for internal knowledge and collaboration. This tool authenticates via Active Directory (AD) using the campus SSO login.
- All users must have a collab account to view collab pages. ITS staff get access when they join the department.
- Some spaces are open to all account holders but most pages require specific access to that space.
Steps to Take
Getting a collab account
- All ITS employees automatically have access to unrestricted collab spaces via the ITS-Staff AD group.
- Non-ITS employees working in ITS-supported spaces can request a collab account via the Confluence or Jira Access Request form.
Getting access to a specific space
- Some collab spaces are unrestricted (open to everyone with an account).
- For access to a specific space, fill out the Confluence: Manage Space Users form.
- Some spaces use AD groups for access.
- If you are a space admin, go to Space Tools->Permissions and see which AD groups are listed. Standard, unrestricted spaces have permissions that start with "confluence". If you see other groups, e.g., "college-users", those are the AD groups to use for permissions. Work with your department IT support to get added to the AD group or submit a ticket to the ITS service desk.
Troubleshooting space issues
- To see if you or another user has access to a space already, use the Confluence: Permission Issues form.
- Individual pages can be restricted within a space. If you see a (lock icon) at the top of the page, the page is restricted. A space admin will have to grant access to that page.