Setting up Outlook on Mac for Shared Email
Faculty and Staff members can use shared mailboxes to allow multiple users to view and send email from a common account. Shared email accounts are often used for campus business groups, research labs, or project teams. Follow these instructions to setup a shared mailbox on Outlook for Mac.
- Only authorized users will be able to access shared mailboxes - access is controlled through user permissions rather than a shared password
- Your primary UC San Diego email account must be setup on the email client before adding a shared mailbox.
- If you would like to create a new shared mailbox or add authorized users to your shared mailbox, please submit a ticket with details of your request
Steps to Take
- Open Outlook client and go to File --> Open --> Open Other User's Folder on top Mac Menu bar
- Search shared mailbox username, select your shared mailbox address in related results, then select Open
- System will now check for permissions to access the shared mailbox - if confirmed, shared mailbox should display in your Folder pane
- If you would like to send messages from this mailbox, when you are sending a message click From and select address from the dropdown list