Request Instructional Technology Resources
Instructors may submit an Instructional Technology Request to request course computing resources provided by Educational Technology Services. Instructional Technology requests are processed through a Instructional Technology (CINFO) request which is required to identify all specific educational technology resources needed other than Canvas.
Such resources include discipline specific and productivity software, access to computer labs managed by ITS including door codes, additional disk space, and provisioning of cloud resources such as Google groups, Amazon Web Services, DataHub notebooks, etc.
If you would like to use a similar computing setup to a previous course, older forms can be copied and modified for convenience.
- Please submit your Instructional Technology request at least one month before the term, this will strongly increase the likelihood of completion for the start of classes. We cannot guarantee that Instructional Technology requests received less than one month before the start of term, will be completed prior to Week 1. If we anticipate a delay, we will reach out to you.
- Only enter another Instructional Technology request if your course has multiple sections, that each require a separate Canvas site or different lab / software resources.
Steps to Take
- Identify the types of instructional technology that you will need for your course. Some common resources include:
- Specialty software - Additional course related software, like MATLAB and AutoCAD is available for use in some campus computer labs. Use the Computer Lab Lookup to find lab locations.
- Door codes - Door codes are assigned to students for computer labs with electronic door locks, based on lab assignment.
- Teaching assistant account - TA and test student accounts are available for testing software, developing assignments, and troubleshooting problems from a student's perspective. Please list the number of TA and student accounts needed under Additional Comments on the request form.
- Cloud resources - Such as Google groups, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DataHub notebooks, etc.
- Log in to cinfo.ucsd.edu with your Active Directory username and password.
- Select Submit a New Request for Course Software and fill out the request form.
Once an Instructional Technology Request has been submitted, you can check on the status of the Labs & Software and Web & Cloud Resources requests on cinfo.ucsd.edu. After logging in, go to the Review Your Request tab to check the status on the respective request. Definitions of the various status types is available in the table below:
|Original request has been modified, requires review.|
|The request has been reviewed.|
|Work has begun to complete request.|
|All work has been finished.|
|Something outside of our control is preventing the work to continue.|
Modify Existing Request
If you wish to make changes to a prior request, please review it and email us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, to let us know what changes should be made.