ServiceNow 8.5.0 - 8.5.2 Release Notes
Release 8.5.0 introduced new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UCSD and was implemented on November 12, 2020.
Case Sample Form
- As a supplement to our form descriptions on Collab, we will be providing sample forms of each of the three form types. Our first release is for a case record producer and it showcases what a form can do and what some of the fields look like.
Service Portal & Request Catalog Items
- Agents now have the ability to request the display of announcements at the top of any of the UCSD Service Portals via the Portal Announcements catalog item. Access to this catalog item is limited. If you would like access to this functionality, please contact your organization representative or ITS-SNOW.
- Previously, the Submit a Ticket form on the Student Portal was second on the list. We have updated the ordering so that it appears at the beginning of the list instead.
- As we expand ServiceNow catalog item record producer usage, we have found that some forms do not have a logical landing page for when the user submits the form. In this release, a new submission page will be available to specific items and will be re-usable for different contexts.
- Previously, suppliers and supplier sites removed from our daily data load would remain active in ServiceNow. These records are now deactivated properly, and are no longer selectable in the Payment Request form in the portal when deactivated.
- We have updated the verbiage of the autoreply email when a user emails a case in the solution proposed state. It is now more friendly to users who don't have an account in ServiceNow.
ResNet WiFi Survey
- A survey for ResNet WiFi has been brought to production and will be released at a later date.
Release 8.5.1 is a hotfix release that contains updates to the change management application within ServiceNow. It was implemented on November 13, 2020.
- The additional approvers flow and addresses incorrect approval expiration processes for Normal and Emergency requests were consolidated
- Change requests can now be edited edited in the Assess phase during Change Management review, and will only become read only after this time
Release 8.5.2 is a hotfix release that contains the new UCSD Scheduler within ServiceNow. It was implemented on November 16, 2020.
- A ServiceNow app that allows users to create a series of timeslots for sign-up. Once created, a custom URL is generated that can be distributed to attendees to choose a timeslot on a first-come, first-serve basis. Subsequent users will only see the remaining timeslots available. The app can be used for scheduling meetings, interviews, etc.
Release 8.5.3 is a hotfix release that contains an update to Emergency Change Requests in ServiceNow. It was implemented on November 17, 2020.
- This patch resolves a previous configuration issue where fields were not being marked as mandatory for Emergency Changes. The UI Policy was adjusted to include both the Assess and Authorize phases.