Restricting your Tickets
What to do if you want to restrict your ticket from being able to be viewed by other ServiceNow agents (outside your agent group).
Use this feature:
- When your ticket has sensitive information that shouldn't be accessible for non-participants of the ticket
Do not use this:
- To hide personally identifiable information, FERPA, or HIPAA data (which should never be stored on ServiceNow).
- If someone outside of the restricted access must be able to report on the ticket.
- For every ticket even when they do not have sensitive information (collaboration is good)!
Steps to Take
To restrict a ticket:
- When creating or updating a Case, select the section/tab "View Restrictions"
- Set "Restricted" as true
- Add/Remove anyone from Watch Lists as needed to restrict or retain visibility (see below)
- Select "Save and Stay" or "Update"
- By default, the following groups/users will have access to the ticket even after it has been restricted:
- The Case's Contact
- The user that opened the Case
- Members of the Assignment group including "Assigned to" user
- Anyone on the External Watch List
- Anyone on the Internal Watch List
- ServiceNow Admins
- To add specific groups or users that are not in the above list, add them to the "Allowed groups list" or the "Allowed users list
Note: If a case has private information which should be removed, please see KB0034290 - Requesting Redaction of Private Data.