Accept a Second Call
The Accept a Second Call desk phone feature allows you to receive a second call while on the phone with another caller. Follow these steps to activate, deactivate, or troubleshoot issues with the Accept a Second Call feature.
- The information on this page is generally applicable to most phone models at UCSD. You may need to check specific information about your phone and the features available to you.
Steps to Take
Activate Accept a Second Call
- Press the accept second call button. The red lamp will be on.
- The first call will ring on Access 1, and the second call will ring on Access 2.
Deactivate Accept a Second Call
- Press the accept second call button. The red lamp will be off.
- Access 2 will not accept a call.
Having Problems with Accept a Second Call feature?
- Make sure that your accept second call button has not been accidentally deactivated.
- Find out if a call diversion has been programmed on your telephone. If so, this feature will apply to both Access 1 and Access 2, preventing use of the accept-a-second-call feature.
- You must answer the second call within three or four rings; otherwise, it will divert to voice mail.
- If a third call comes in while both Access 1 and Access 2 are being used, the third call will automatically divert to voice mail.
- When you make an outgoing call, place it on Access 1 so Access 2 will be available for the accept-a-second-call feature.