ServiceNow 13.0.0 Release Notes - Version Update: Vancouver
Release 13.0.0 updated the ServiceNow platform to the latest version: Vancouver, and introduced the following new features, bug fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on November 19, 2023.
Upgrade Bug Fixes
- When searching for an article by its number in the Employee Center, you will no longer be taken to an internal page. Instead, you will see search results in the Employee Center view.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to log in would direct you to a blank page.
- Fixed a color issue for drop-down highlights in the Service Portal.
- It is no longer possible to select "Human Resources" or "HRSD" as an organization from Customer Service Cases. Instead, use the "Transfer to HR" UI action by right clicking the ticket header to send a case to HR.
- Removed unused role from the User Administrator role.
- Corrected the assignment group for Process Enhancement forms.
- Knowledge articles will not show the author instead of the revisor in the Knowledge Portal.
- Various Virtual Agent bug fixes.
New Feature - Agent Presence in UCSD Agent Workspace
- Agent Presence now appears on cases viewed in the UCSD Agent Workspace, allowing you to see if there is another agent looking at the ticket at the same time as you:
New Feature - Sidebar Discussions
- To quick chat about a ticket you are collaboratively working on with another agent, you can have a side bar discussion (chat conversation) without needing to go into another platform, such as teams or slack.
- View sidebar discussions by clicking the chat icon in the header in agent view:
- To start a new sidebar discussion on a ticket, click the discuss button on a ticket:
- Then, in the popup window, select at least one participant and click "Start discussion":