CMS: Update an Existing File
You can update an existing file by editing it.
The file in the CMS has a unique label for the system, so the computer recognizes it regardless of whether you change its name on your computer.
- This will preserves links to the file location.
- If you upload a new file with the same system name as an old file, the CMS will automatically edit it, adding a '1' at the end.
- This is especially useful if you have a file that users may have bookmarked or linked to, such as a form, flyer for an annual event, or org chart.
Steps to Take
To update a file
- Navigate to the file you want to update in the /_files folder.
- Click Edit in the upper right corner.
- Drag and drop a file in the indicated area or click choose to select a file from your computer.
- Click Save & Preview to save and review your draft.
- Click Submit to enter your changes in the CMS.
- Enter comments on your change and click Submit.
- You will need to Publish the file for the changes to appear on the staging or live site.
- Note: If you've viewed the file recently, it may be cached in your web browser. Press "Ctrl" + "F5" to refresh the page.