ServiceNow 9.8.0 Release Notes
Release 9.8.0 introduced the following new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on 2021-05-05.
- When opening a customer contact record in the "case" view, a list of assets assigned to that person will now appear as a related list at the bottom of the page.
- A new section and a new related list has been added to the case form for Time Worked. In the Time Worked section, you can see a timer that automatically starts counting upward when an agent is working on the case and when the record is saved it will automatically log the time as it is shown. In the Time Worked related list (near the bottom of the form), it will show all records of time logged by agents.
- CM Review and CAB Review have been separated into their own policies and the change flow has been updated to use the new policies.
- Cases can once again be related to change request by adding using the Add Case -> Parent related list.
Dashboards & Reports
- Tables commonly reported on will now display a description when selecting, letting the reporter know an overview of what data is available for reporting.
- Additional Performance Analytics scripts have been added to allow PA administrators to map breakdowns according to users' groups and departments.
- We added the ability for agents to report off case variables.
Data & Integrations
- We have fixed an issue where secondary job information (supervisor, department, etc.) was overwriting an employee's primary job information.
- Incoming phone calls to the ServiceDesk will now generate MS Teams notifications instead of Slack messages.
- Users who submit the "COVID-19 Symptom and Exposure Screening" survey on Qualtrics and have a discrepancy on their "Work Location Status" submission receive a notification letting them know to update the latter. These notifications have been updated to reflect the renaming of the Work Health Management form to Work Location Status to avoid confusion.
- We made minor text changes and removed the title for Student Refund Request.
- Users reported that the Wire Request form wasn't autofilling the user's email address for non-agents. We adjusted the behavior so that all customers, both agents and non-agents will autofill the email address on the form.
- We have created a dynamic sitemap for search engines to ingest when determining what pages of our service portal should be indexed. We have also updated the file that helps guide these search engines to our new sitemap.
- We fixed a broken breadcrumb behavior for users that searched for and clicked on a service offering from the main Services & Support portal. (support.ucsd.edu/services). Users will now be sent to the portal that contains the service offering (/its for IT Service Offerings, /finance for Budget & Finance Service Offerings, etc.).
- Some users reported that groups were missing from the list collectors on the Group Management forms, so we have updated the reference qualifier to properly display these groups. We have also fixed the behavior of Manage User to only show the groups the user is a member of.
Release 9.8.1 introduced the following hotfixes to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on 2021-05-06.
- Removed the Requires Fulfiller Action checkbox from the case form as it is meant to not be seen.
- Agents viewing the default view of a Service Offering can now see all related knowledge to that Service Offering.
- We have further updated the files that help in our search engine optimization.
- The allowed amount of scores for daily indicators has been temporarily increased so that we can do full comparisons against 2019 vs. 2020 in Performance Analytics.