Redirect UC San Diego Student Email To Another Address
Students can redirect their email to another email address.
When you graduate you can use this facility to forward your @ucsd.edu email to an off-campus mailbox for up to one year after your last quarter of enrollment. Be sure to update your email address on any external services including Social Media such as Facebook, Twitter etc., financial institutions and anywhere you may be using your UCSD email address to authenticate or reset access.
Before You Start
- Use caution when changing your delivery address while you are still at UCSD - replying to official email or sending mail from a different account means the campus recipient cannot be sure of your UCSD identity/affiliation!
- Confirm that your new delivery access is working properly.
- If you are unable to access or use the Email Redirect Tool, email email@example.com with your request.
Students with Deactivated Accounts
- Accounts will be suspended the second consecutive quarter a student is not enrolled. An account may be closed for other reasons as well.
- You can still receive email sent to your UC San Diego deactivated student email address for up to one year after your last quarter of enrollment by redirecting to a personal email account. Remember to update your address on external services to use your personal email account.
Steps to Take
Redirect your Email
- Navigate to the Email Redirect Tool.
- Webpage unavailable? If you are not connected to a UC San Diego network, you may need to log into the Virtual Private Network to gain access to the tool.
- Enter the email address where you would like to receive your UCSD email, then click Update.
- Note: If you are redirecting back to your UCSD email account, you will need to enter the full server name where your email is hosted (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Failure to do so can result in lost messages. If you are unsure what this is, please contact the ITS Service Desk (contact information below).
- Confirm that your new delivery is working properly by sending a test email to your UCSD email address.