ServiceNow 8.9.0 - 8.9.1 Release Notes
Release 8.9.0 introduced hotfixes to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UCSD and was implemented on December 21, 2020.
- We fixed a bug that would overwrite the manager values of employees if there was an error with our nightly data source. Now, in the case of blank data, the existing manager values are left in place.
- Several import documents from older systems have been removed to ease navigation for current data imports.
Release 8.9.0 introduced new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UCSD and was implemented on December 16, 2020.
- To provide a better and more concise user experience for users of Performance Analytics, many unused widgets have been removed. Should they be needed in the future, they will be re-implemented.
- In the Service Portal, the "Also in" widget that appears on the right side of Knowledge Base articles now also shows subcategories of articles.
- In the Service Portal, the "Related Knowledge" widget that appears on the right side of Services and Service Offerings now also shows subcategories of articles.
- We are making all Jira & Confluence forms accessible to all users with a UCSD account.
- We have added help text for users when filling out the Oracle & Concur Approval form.
- We have exposed the UCPath knowledge base on the UCPath portal in ServiceNow.
- We replaced the Top Rated Knowledge Base articles widget with a Recently Updated Knowledge Base articles widget.
- We updated the verbiage when viewing RITM details from 'Options' to 'Details' across the Service Portal.
- Created a button that would allow agents to cancel certain Request Items if the item allows for it and if they belong to the RITM's assignment group.
- We have added a way to cancel major incidents created by mistake.