Download Child Entries of Multi-Stream Kaltura Videos in MediaSpace
As mentioned in our article on downloading your Kaltura videos, it's not immediately apparent how to download anything but the "parent" (or "primary") video source of a multi-stream entry. But if you're the owner, you can find and download them within MediaSpace (but not Canvas).
- You must be the owner of the entry. You're not able to find children of multi-stream Kaltura entries if you're a co-editor or co-publisher.
Things to Keep in Mind
- How to create multi-stream entries: If you're interested in creating a multi-stream entry but not sure how, you can do this by using Kaltura Capture, Quick Capture, or by leveraging the Kaltura-Zoom integration. (Check out this sample dual-stream video if it helps.) You can learn more in the articles linked below:
Steps to Take
- Log into MediaSpace if you haven't already done so.
- Go to https://mediaspace.ucsd.edu.
- Click the profile icon at the top right of the page.
- Select Login and enter your active directory credentials.
- Click the profile icon at the top right of the screen and select My Media.
- Find the multi-stream entry in your list of media and click the pencil icon in its row.
- In the gray box next to the video, copy the value of the field labeled "Media Entry ID."
- Click the profile icon again at the top right of the screen and select My Media to return to your list of media.
- Click on the search bar, paste in the media entry ID, and press ENTER.
- The search results should show the parent entry as well as the children. For any child entry, you can download it as you would any other video in MediaSpace. (See our tutorial on downloading your Kaltura videos if necessary.)