ServiceNow 9.5.0 Release Notes
Release 9.5.0 introduced the following new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on 2021-04-14.
- When we originally launched Response Templates for case management, we configured the functionality to be open to all agents but missed a couple of access controls that weren't immediately obvious in configuration. With this release, agents should now be able to utilize response templates if one has been shared to their group.
- In the agent view, access to the Change application in the application navigator has been updated to allow for non-ITS users to be granted access. We have also created a new internal group that can be managed by the Change manager so that they can manage this access for additional users.
COVID-19 Labor Tracking
- We have loaded historical COVID19 work data from 2020 and early 2021.
- We updated the logic on the "Retire a Group" option in the "Group Management" form. Groups linked via an active service offering's First Tier Assignment Group cannot be retired until the offering group is replaced with another active group.
- We updated the permissions on the 'Group Management' form to allow any member of ITS-WorkstationLifeCycle to make group changes. We also added a new option, 'Manage a User,' which allows managers/group leads to 'bulk-add/remove' a user to one of more groups.
- We updated the logic when a user submits the UCPath Access Request form to wait for the API call to finish checking the courses before submitting.
- In the agent view, the SMT field existed on the Service Offering table but only was viewable in list view. The field has been added to the Service Offering form so that it can be easily edited by agents.
- We have added the ability for ServiceNow admins to designate whether individual service offerings that belong to one Service Portfolio can be accessed in another organization's Service Portfolio via their "Submit a ticket" forms.