Make Calls and Share your Desktop with Skype for Business
Follow these steps to make audio calls, video calls, and share your desktop using Skype for Business.
You can easily switch from Skype for Business chat to an audio-visual call with the press of a button. Skype for Business also gives you the option to collaborate with colleagues by sharing your desktop screen with others.
- Video calls require a microphone, speaks, and a webcam.
- Audio calls require a microphone and speakers.
Steps to Take
Launch Skype for Business
- On Windows: Click the start button and navigate to the Microsoft Office Folder. Select Skype for Business (PCs).
- On Mac: Open the Applications directory and click on Skype for Business.
- You should be signed in automatically if you're logged into Active Directory (AD). If not, enter your AD username and password at the sign-in address prompt.
Make a Video Call
- Method 1: Double-click the contact you want to video call and click on the video call icon on the bottom.
- Method 2: Right-click (or control-click on a Mac) the contact and select Start a Video Call.
- Method 3: Hover over the contact’s photo and then click the video call icon (PCs only).
Make an Audio-Only Call
- Method 1: Double-click the contact you want to call and click on the phone icon on the bottom.
- Method 2: Right-click (or control-click on a Mac) the contact and select Call > Skype Call.
Share your Desktop Screen
- Double-click the contact you want to share your screen with.
- Click on the monitor icon on the bottom. On a Mac, control-click on the contact and select Share Desktop.
- Select what you would like to share.