Manage a Playlist of Kaltura Media in Canvas
If you have playlists in a Media Gallery, it may not be intuitive how to edit them. Here's how.
Only Canvas instructors can edit a playlist, so these instructions apply to users with "teacher" roles in Canvas courses.
- Any instructor (or Canvas admin) can edit a playlist, but you can only add media to which you have access. The idea being that you can edit someone else's playlist if you're an instructor in that course, but you can only add media for you which an owner or a co-publisher.
Steps to Take
- If you're not already logged in:
- Go to https://canvas.ucsd.edu.
- Enter your active directory credentials.
- Within Canvas, enter the course in which you want to create a playlist by either clicking on the course in your dashboard or clicking Courses and selecting the course.
- Within the course navigation on the left side of the page, click Media Gallery.
- Within the Media Gallery, click the Channel Actions icon (it looks like three horizontal lines) and select Edit.
- Click the Playlists tab near the top of the page.
- Find the playlist you want to edit and click the pencil icon on its row.
- Perform your edits.
- When you're done making your edits, be sure to click Save at the top of the page.