Get Access to Business Systems (SSO)
Faculty and staff members can self-register for a business systems account and get authorization and training to access business systems tools / data.
- Only active faculty and staff members can self-register for business systems. Affiliates (e.g. visiting scholars, volunteers, postdocs) will need to contact their Department Security Administrator (DSA) to obtain a business systems account
- You will need the following information to self-register:
- An active, paid UCSD employee affiliation
- UCSD Employee ID Number
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (SSN)
- Date of Birth
- Access to your UCSD email
- Business Systems uses a different password system than your Active Directory/campus email account. Your Business Systems password cannot be the same as your Active Directory password.
Steps to Take
Register for Business Systems
- Navigate to any business systems login, for example MyTime, then select Create New Account under the Username field.
- Enter your official UCSD email address (email@example.com).
- Click Register.
- Enter the requested information to validate your identity:
- Enter your UCSD employee ID number. You do not need to use the leading 0's. Your employee ID number can be found:
- Enter the last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
- Enter your Date of Birth. Must be entered in format: mm/dd/yyyy
- Click Continue button.
- This will generate an email containing a secure link (registration ticket) sent to your UCSD email address. For security reasons, this ticket is tied to your current browser session. Therefore do not exit or close your browser or you will have to restart the process.
- Check for a new email titled UCSD Single Sign-On Registration Confirmation.
- Click the link in the email (or cut and paste the address into your active browser session where you started registration).
- This step must be completed within 30 minutes, or you will have to restart the process.
- If you do not receive your confirmation via email, check with your department security administrator (DSA) or system administrator to be sure your email account is configured to receive official UCSD communications.
- Choose and confirm a password, following the security guidelines:
- Password must be:
- 6 - 8 characters long
- Allowable characters - alphabetic, numeric, @, #, and $
- Mix of alphabetic, numeric, and symbols
- Must not contain a dictionary word or your name
- Must be different than previous passwords
- Click Continue.
- You will now have access to selected UCSD systems, such as MyLeaveBalances, MyDashboard, MyTime. If you need access to other Link Family business applications (e.g. Financial Link, Employee Link), see the next step, Get Approval.
- Confer with your supervisor to determine:
- Which business systems tools and/or data you need to access (financial, student, payroll, etc.).
- The types of transactions that you need to process, for example:
- PPS: inquiry or update or PAN only.
- IFIS: transactional areas and approval routing.
- Enroll in and complete the training sessions recommended by your supervisor.
- Notify your supervisor when training is completed.
- Supervisor should forward the necessary approvals, justifications, and information to your Department Security Administrator (DSA) including:
- Any pertinent training with dates completed.
- The types of transactions you will need to process.