Send Email to your Class via Google Apps
Instructors can send an email to the group via Google Apps, but will need to check their regular UCSD email inbox for responses. Email that is sent to the Google Group will be sent directly to the student's email account, which may or may not be a Gmail account. See Google Apps for Students for more information.
- You will need to setup a Google Group for your course before using this feature. Before requesting a Google Group, instructors must have an @ucsd.edu Google account through their department. To request a Google Group, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- TA names and their @ucsd.edu email addresses
Steps to Take
- To send a new email to your class, click Compose.
- In the To field, find your Google Group (class roster) by typing "crs-". Be sure to include the dash.
- Select your class from the list.
- Type a Subject.
- Type your message in the text box.
- Click Send