Reactivate Upgraded Phone (with Same Number) for Two-Step Login
If you get a new phone to use with the same number you have previously used with Two-Step login, follow this reactivation process. The following steps can also be used if your Duo app no longer works. If your app asks for a new QR code or a re-activation link, the following steps will re-activate your Duo app.
- If your new phone has a different number, use the device manager (https://duo-registration.ucsd.edu) to delete the old phone and use the Add another device process to register the new phone. This will only work if you have a back up device registered.
- If your phone number has changed and you do not have a backup device registered, please call the Service Desk for assistance.
- If you do not have access to your new phone to use the following steps, please call the Service Desk for further assistance.
Steps to Take
- Go to the two-step login device management page (https://duo-registration.ucsd.edu); log in with your Active Directory credentials.
- Complete two-step login process by selecting the Call Me button. Since your upgraded phone has the same number, you should be able to perform two-step with call or text passcode.
- Select the Device Options button. Make sure the number you see matches the number of your new phone.
- Select the Reactivate Duo Mobile button.
- Follow the prompts to reactivate the device; the prompts will be similar to the first time you registered.