ServiceNow 9.18.0 Release Notes
Release 9.18.0 introduced the following new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on July 14, 2021.
- For the UCPath Cognos Reports Access Request catalog, we have updated the "Specify Departments" field to be a list collector of departments rather than a manual multi-line text field.
- We updated our data import from Active Directory to also work on empty values. For example, if your employee account erroneously had a student PID attached to it, and this was removed in Active Directory, ServiceNow will now reflect this change.
- We have modified our nightly student data import to pull from the Student Activity Hub. Agents will now have access to helpful additional information for students without needing to access another tool: ResNet location, student level, and college, as well as phone number are now available on the "Student Information" tab of the user record.
- Users reported a bug where adding attachments on the portal would clear what they had written in the comments section. We updated the portal to disable attachments from being added if the user had comments that were yet to be submitted in order to prevent the comments from being deleted.
- Our Advancement portal experience is centered around clients being guided to a fully-populated Submit a Case form via the service portfolio. To support this, we have removed the Report an Issue and Ask a Question buttons from the service catalog sidebar for this portal.
- Users reported that the "Assigned to" field on duplicated cases would would not copy over using the "Open Duplicate" button on the portal. This only occurred for external users, but the logic has been updated to fix this issue.
Work Location Status
- The Work Location Status form has received a large update: several new questions, a more robust locations look-up table, an interface for HR contacts, and improvements to the API.