CMS Training: Differences Between the Sandbox Training Site and Blink / TritonLink
Read about specific considerations for Blink and TritonLink in the campus CMS
- Blink and TritonLink require extra care when using the CMS due to their size and complexity.
- Blink and TritonLink have specific templates that are slightly different than those used in the Sandbox training site.
- Blink templates have a required 'Title' field.
- This automatically generates the Heading 1 for the page.
- Do not use another Heading 1 in the body of the page.
- If you use headings, start with Heading 2.
- Learn more about headings.
Title Naming Conventions
- Avoid similar page titles to other pages in the same site.
- You need to clearly differentiate your page for users and search engines.
- Do not title your page 'Contacts,' as there are many contacts pages in Blink and TritonLink. Instead, use a title in the form 'Department Name: Contacts.'
|Acceptable Blink titles||Unacceptable Blink titles|
|Workplace Technology Services: About Us||About Us (not specific enough)|
|CMS Frequently Asked Questions||FAQ (not specific enough)|
System names and display names can be repeated as long as they are in different folders.
- The entire Blink and TritonLink sites are published every weekend to keep internal links updated.
- Blink and TritonLink folders can be published at any time during the week as other users make updates.
- If you don't want a page published to the live site, make sure that you disable publishing. You are responsible for re-enabling publishing for your page.
Moving/ Deleting/ Renaming
- Do not move, delete or change the system name of pages or folders on the live site.
- Open a ticket to request the desired change from the site administrators.
- These changes can break links within the site.
- You may make these changes if you are working in your /_draft/ folder.