"Known Error" Article
Known Error articles contains a problem that has a root cause with no current solution and a workaround.
- Known Error contain 2 sections:
- Problem - Concise description of the error and where it occurs
- Subsection Root Cause - (if known) description of when and why error is caused
- Workaround - instructions for overcoming the problem or limitation
Steps to Take
- Select the Known Error template
- Make sure to select Knowledge Type: Known Error
- This will divide the page into 3 sections with the following headings (using Heading 2 (h2)):
- In Problem section, enter a concise description of the process, answering the following questions:
- What is the error?
- On what application/tool does error occur?
- Do we know the root cause of this error?
- If so, enter description of when and why error occurs
- If not, delete Root Cause subsection
- In Workaround section, enter instructions
- Use step-by-steps instructions if multiple step process