Connect to ResNet as a Guest
Follow these steps to connect to the ResNet network as a guest.
- Only one guest account is allowed per email account.
- Computers on the ResNet networks must meet the following security requirements:
- Approved Anti-Virus Software installed, running, and updated
- Up to date Operating System (OS)
- Firewall enabled
- Java and Adobe Flash up to date (if installed at all)
Steps to Take
- Connect to ResNet network in your area.
- Open web browser - you will be redirected to ResNet login page.
- Select Request a Guest Account button.
- Fill out Guest Access Request form with required information and Submit:
- Email address
- Full Name
- Phone Number & Mobile Service Provider
- A username and password will be sent to the email address and the phone number provided. Select Continue after retrieving username and password.
- If needed, you will be given the option to submit a temporary access request to retrieve this login information from your email. Simply select Submit Access Request and you will have 15 minutes to retrieve login information and sign in.
- You will be sent back to the initial sign in page. Log in with the username and password provided.
- If you are using a computer, you will be asked to install the SafeConnect Policy Key to ensure that your device meets our minimum security requirements for the network. Select Download Now.
- Other devices such as phones, tablets, and gaming devices do not require the Policy Key. If you are using one of these devices, you are all finished!
- When you have completing installing the Policy Key, select I'm done installing.
- If your computer does not meet all of our security requirements (listed above), you will receive a message letting you know what needs to be fixed. If you are unsure how to fix the security issue please contact the ITS Service Desk for more information.