Set Up Out-of-Office Messages in UCSD Gmail
Learn how to set up your out-of-office message in UCSD Gmail.
Use out-of-office messages when you know you are going to be away from email for an extended period of time.
Steps to Take
1. Sign in to UCSD Gmail
- Open Gmail in your web browser.
- Sign in with your UCSD email and active directory login.
- Make sure you are logged into your UCSD Google account (check the logo in the upper left).
2. Navigate to your settings
- In the top right, click the gear.
- Choose Settings in the drop down window
3. Set the vacation responder
- In the General tab of Settings, scroll down to the Vacation responder section.
- In the Vacation Responder section:
- Select Vacation responder on
- Fill in the date range, subject, and message
- Under your message, check the box if you only want your contacts to see your vacation reply
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes