Off-Campus Access Discontinued
Web Proxy service is no longer available for off-campus access, effective on July 13, 2017. However, individual departments may still have web proxy service available for on-campus access.
Why is Web Proxy no longer offered off-campus?
- The Web Proxy service insecurely transmitted network credentials
- The infrastructure on which the Proxy operated was end-of-life and insecure.
- There are established services that are better for access from off-campus.
What should I use to connect instead?
- For off-campus remote access, connect through the UC San Diego VPN Service.
- You can also Talk with Library Support about access options for their resources.
- Contact your local system administrator to find out if web proxy service is available through your department.