Join a Zoom Meeting
Follow these steps to join a Zoom Meeting from your Zoom client or app, Outlook, or web browser.
Steps to Take
From the Zoom website
- Navigate to https://ucsd.zoom.us and click the Join a Meeting link at the top of the page.
- Enter the meeting id (Note: Zoom meetings can be attended via phone and computer. Meeting participants will receive an event invitation via email. Alternate: Participants can join meetings by navigating directly to the URL of the meeting.)
- Select Join.
- Make a choice when prompted for your audio option: computer or phone.
From the desktop client
- Download the desktop client from https://ucsd.zoom.us/download.
- Click Sign In to claim your UC San Diego Zoom Pro account using Single Sign-On (SSO).
- Open the application on your desktop.
- Select SSO to use your Active Directory (AD) credentials to log into ucsd.zoom.us.
- Select Join on the Home page.
From the iPhone or iPad app
The iOS application is an executable program that provides you with the ability to participate in meetings from either your iPad or iPhone.
- Open the app and login with your Active Directory (AD) credentials (this is usually your email username).
- Choose Join a Meeting.
- Enter the “Meeting ID.”
From Microsoft with Outlook plug-in
The Microsoft Outlook plug-in is a software component that provides you with the ability to participate in meetings from your Outlook application on your personal computer. The Outlook plugin syncs free/ busy times to the Zoom Client based on your Outlook Calendar events.
- Open the Outlook calendar.
- Select the appointment.
- Click on the URL to join the Zoom meeting.
The Chrome extension is a software component that provides you with the ability to participate in meetings from your Chrome browser on your personal computer.
- Open Chrome browser and choose Apps.
- Choose Zoom.
- You will be prompted to Join a meeting or Start a meeting.
- Choose your preferred audio and/or video options.