Change Where Replies to Mailing List are Sent
As a Mailman list owner, you can configure your list so that replies to messages are directed to either the original sender, the entire list, or to a specific email address. The location you choose will depend on the type of list you want to have.
- Replies directed to the original sender will cut down on list traffic. This may be the setting you prefer if you want to have an "announcement" type list.
- Replies directed to the entire list will promote list discussions. This increases the amount of traffic on the list but it allows everybody to see the discussions.
- Replies directed to an explicit address are good for announcement type lists with a parallel discussion type list. If this is the type of list you would like to have, select Explicit address and set the Reply-To: address setting to the discussion list address.
Steps to Take
- Log in to the list's administration page: https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/admin/ListName-l with your Active Directory username and password (replace ListName with the actual name of your list. The final character is a lowercase letter 'L' for 'list.')
- Find the Reply-To settings in the General Options section under Reply-To: header munging.