CMS: Unpublish Assets
Unpublish Pages, Files and Folders Within the Campus CMS
You can unpublish a page if it was accidentally published to delivery or if you wish to remove it from the website
Steps to Take
Archive vs. unpublished
If the page is no longer needed for the site, you should archive it instead.
Unpublish a page, file or folder
- Navigate to the page or folder you want to publish
- Click More in the upper right
- Select Unpublish
- When you unpublish, you will see 1 or 2 destinations, depending on your access.
- Staging is the preview or staging site. Uncheck this if you only want to remove the page from the live site, but still want to share the staging link
- Delivery is the live site
- Click Submit.
- If you want to make sure that the page is not published again, disable publishing.
- If the unpublished page is showing up in the left-navigation of its sibling pages on the live site, you will need to:
- Unpublish the page
- Disable publishing for that page
- Republish the parent folder
Asset Not Set to Publish Error
Unpublish error: "Asset is not set to publish. Please enable publishing for this asset and try again."
- This means this file (or a folder that contains this file) has publishing disabled.
- Check with your fellow SMEs and/ or site manager to find out why publishing was disabled before you override it and turn publishing back on.