CMS: Editing an Existing Page
Learn how to edit an existing page in the campus CMS
Steps to Take
Drill down to the page you want to edit
- Log in to the CMS
- In the left-hand sidebar, drill down to the page you want to edit. Selecting the file will display a preview of the page in the right pane
- In the main window, on the top right of the white menu, choose the Edit icon
- The Edit window will appear and overlay the CMS window
Make your changes to the page
- The first fields you will be able to edit are for page metadata. These should not need to be changed frequently
- The remaining editable fields depend on the page's template. Many fields will use the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor for each field
- See how to format text using the WYSIWYG
- Follow the guidelines for use of headings and links
- See how to upload images and files
Save and submit your progress
- Click Save & Preview in in the upper right corner of the top white menu
Note: 'Saving' in this case means that you keep your current progress and can work on it more later. These changes have not created a new version of the page in the CMS for others to see
- Click Submit from the top white menu
Note: 'Submitting' in this case means that you have made a new version of this page in the CMS for others to see. These changes are not yet published to a web server.
- On the window that appears, enter comments describing your changes. Some comments may be automatically generated for you
- Click ether Submit or Check Content & Submit
- If you choose Check Content & Submit the CMS will check for spelling errors and broken links.
Publish the page
Depending on your access, you can publish the page to just the staging site, to the staging site and the delivery site. Learn more about publishing.