Mac: Connect Microsoft Outlook 2019 client to current verison with Office 365 Exchange Online
The instructions below will help guide you through the steps required to configure your Mac Outlook client 2019 to current version for Office 365. If you do not have Outlook on your Mac, you can install it by going to portal.office.com. Sign in with your UC San Diego email address and password. Then click the install office button at the top right side of your screen.
To set up Outlook for Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Online, be sure:
- It is installed but not yet configured for use with Exchange.
- You have your Active Directory (AD) username and password.
- Your username is usually the first part of your UCSD email address (before the @ symbol).
- If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it.
- You have an Exchange account in the UCSD Campus Exchange organization.
Steps to Take
Setting Up Mac Outlook for Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Online (MAC)
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your Mac.
- Outlook will be located in the Applications folder.
- If you are prompted to enter an email address right after out open Outlook skip to step 5.
- Select Outlook, then select Preferences
- Open Accounts
- Select Add Email Account
- Type in your email address. In this example, we have a test email account named email@example.com.
- Choose Continue.
- A the Set Up Your Email window will appear. Choose Continue.
- You will be redirected to a UC San Diego log in page.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Choose Sign in.
- Note: You may get a 2-factor prompt. If this occurs, see Two-step Log in instructions.
- The You’re All Set window will appear. Choose Start Using Outlook.
If you still have questions or need additional assistance, please submit a ticket or call the ITS Service Desk at (858) 246-4357