How to Place Your Radioactive Materials Order
This article describes how to order radioactive materials for your department.
Gather Information for Your Order
- Get the RUA Number that you are designated to use from your principal investigator (PI).
- Check Supplier information:
- Have the Supplier's Catalog Number ready.
- Check to make sure the Supplier is in Oracle. If they aren't, request that they be added.
- If necessary, convert the unit of measure into millicurie (mCi).
Log in to Oracle Procurement
- Go to https://ofc.ucsd.edu.
- Click the Company Single Sign-On button.
- Log in with your Active Directory information.
- In Procure to Pay, click Purchase Requisitions.
- Click Advanced Search.
Place Your Order in Oracle
- Conduct a search for your product using the Catalog Number or Item Description.
- Once you have added your items to a shopping cart, proceed through the Oracle checkout process.
- When receiving radioactive materials from another research institution or purchasing radioactive materials through a channel other than Oracle, use the following address:
UCSD Radiation Safety
Campus Services Complex Bldg E- Rm 119
La Jolla, CA 92093-0035
Attn: (PI Name/RUA #)
Phone: (858) 534-6418 | Fax: (858) 822-5524 | Mail Code: 0035
Arrange for Receipt
- Radiation Safety no longer allows pickup service. Ordered material will be delivered to your lab.
- Radiation Safety will notify the lab contact prior to delivery of isotopes to ensure an authorized user will accept the package or will schedule a drop off time.