ServiceNow 8.3.0 - 8.3.2 Release Notes
Release 8.3.0 introduces new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UCSD and was implemented on October 28, 2020.
- Dashboard creators now have the ability to create certain types of "Content Blocks." Detail, Header, List of content, and Static HTML content blocks are now available. These new types of widgets will allow you to further customize dashboards to your needs. For example, you can use the static HTML content block to create a section on your dashboard that provides instructions/descriptions of what is found on the dashboard.
- With this release, we have granted all agents access to Response Templates. We have configured it so that all agents can create and share Response Templates and edit templates that have been shared to groups that you are a part of. To access Response Templates, go to Response Template Configuration in your application navigator to get started. Response Templates that you have created, that have been shared with a group you are a member of, and that satisfies the table/record condition, will show up under the new "Responses" button that appears on the top right of the record form.
- In our Request Catalog, you can now find a new item called "Include knowledge articles on Case Opened emails for specific groups," which will bring you to the Knowledge Base article that explains the feature.
- The article has a new section called "Query Test Tool" that has a new tool that we have added to allow agents to test the feature.
- The catalog page itself was also edited to allow for key Knowledge Base articles to be displayed as "items."
- For groups using the "Knowledge in Case Opened emails" feature, we have updated the text from "A search of our Knowledge Base returned the following articles which may help you with your issue" to "An automated search of our Knowledge Base returned the following articles which may help you with your issue." This should help clarify to customers that the articles were automatically found (and not hand-picked by a human). Thank you Taylor Lyle from the ITS Service Desk team for this suggestion!
- We have update the ITS Service Portal to include the service desk phone number for ease of access.
- Previously, when users searched the knowledge base in the portal, their browser would ask for their location, prompting most browsers to ask the user for permission for location sharing. We have disabled this prompt and thus users will no longer be prompted to share their location details.
- We have added three new forms to help users manage their Jira projects and Collab spaces. The forms are located in the IT Portal > Get Help & Order Services > Collaboration & Communication Category. Key features include adding/removing member permissions for a Collab space, adding/removing member permissions for a Jira project, and updating a Jira project lead.
- We have added a Category Code Request form on the Student Portal in order to expedite such requests.
- We have created a form on the Student Portal which provides students with a quick way to get help on removing holds on their account.
- We have created a form on the Student Portal which provides students with a quick way to get help on time payment agreements.
Release 8.3.1 introduces new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UCSD and was implemented on October 29, 2020.
- Added after-hours verbiage to BFS cases opened outside the hours of 8AM-4:30PM
- The TPA Request form (Student Portal) released on Oct. 28th, 2020 received an update to the form instructions.
- A new link was added on the Budget & Finance Portal homepage which invites users to join a Microsoft Teams chat for community help
Release 8.3.2 adjust inbound actions for the EVC Colleges onboarding, and was implemented on November 1st, 2020.
- Replies to open Kayako cases will still continue to be delivered and update their respective Kayako tickets. ServiceNow will not create cases if it detects that you are trying to reply to a Kayako case. If you would like to open a new case in ServiceNow, please submit the appropriate webform or send an email to email@example.com.