ServiceNow 8.7.0 - 8.7.2 Release Notes
Release 8.7.0 introduced the following new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on December 2, 2020.
- Checklist functionality has been added to the Case, Case Task, and Catalog Task forms. Checklists can be added to any saved record on these tables (records must be saved for the functionality to appear). How checklists work can be found here.
- When creating case tasks, service and service offering fields will now be pre-populated with the parent case's service and service offering fields.
- In the BOTS catalog items, we have changed the wording and form display on how we gather information about both student accounts and new hires that are replacing a previously hired employee.
- Text on the Work Health Management catalog item has been updated.
- On the Deactivate ServiceNow Group form, we have updated the work note that is posted at the end of the process.
- We have added a content item on the Student Portal that links users to more information regarding job aid.
- Some users weren't able to add case categories since they weren't an offering manager, causing confusion. To make it more clear, we added a few helpful links and updated the verbiage on the form.
- We have updated the Payment Request form on the Business & Finance portal that allows users to submit payment requests with ease. A key update is validating the payment breakdowns to equal the total amount entered by user.
- The post-submission workflow for the Payment Request service request has been updated to allow for invoice denial notices to come from Oracle, which will prompt the assigned agent to continue working on the request.
- Previously in our service portals, when typing a search query, the dropdown that provided the user with results had little organization and did not provide a great user experience. In this release, the search dropdown has been improved and now sorts results between Service Offerings, Service Requests, and Knowledge Article categories (if any).
- Previously, the search functionality for certain portals (Budget & Finance, Payroll Academic Personnel & HR, and Student Support) only would show knowledge articles. The contextual search scripting has been updated so that all portals now should see both Services Catalog and Knowledge Articles in their search results (if any).
- The global search box has been added to all pages. Previously, the search box was only found on portal home pages and some main section pages. Users will now find the search box near the top of any other page to the right of the breadcrumbs (or below them for smaller browser windows or on mobile).
- We have updated the wording on the portal approvals and ticket summaries to clearly indicate the record's variable details.
Release 8.7.1 introduced the following new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on December 3, 2020.
- There was a bug when creating case tasks, service and service offering fields will be pre-populated with the parent case's service and service offering fields but it would auto clear the assignment group field.
- We added additional help text to the Payment Request form for users.
Release 8.7.2 is a bug fix release and was implemented on December 8, 2020.
- Modifications were made to the import process for suppliers and supplier sites, in response to a customer-reported bug.