ServiceNow 8.17.0 Release Notes
Release 8.17.0 introduced the following new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on February 17, 2021.
- We are changing when the approval reminders are sent from 9AM to 5AM.
- When selecting "Don't send notifications" or "Spam" in the resolution code of a case, the system would sometimes still send the user a closed notification. We have since fixed this to prevent that notification from going out if either option is selected.
- We have increased the wait time before a case auto-proposes a solution if there is no customer response. The time has changed from 3-business days to 5-business days. This change only affects cases in the 'Awaiting Customer Info' status.
- When duplicating a case, there was no linkage between the original case and the duplicate one. We have since added a work note link the original case to the newly created duplicate case.
- Knowledge Base managers received a notification when a Knowledge Article was submitted. The format of said notification wasn't up-to-date, which was addressed in this patch.
- Previously, when viewing a published knowledge base article, a banner would appear informing the user that a newer version was available to view, even if the newer version was still a draft. We have updated the logic of this widget to ignore newer versions if they are only drafts.
- In the agent view, the "Try It" button for catalog items and record producers has been updated to open the item in the service portal instead of in a frame.
- We have added a ZIP Code field on the Create New Oracle User form.
- Budget related catalog items have received some small category changes.
- We added internal improvements to streamline the internal communication on the Wire Request form.
- We have updated the customer-facing 'Who is this request for' question filter to yield more results.
- We have added OFC department data for the user to select when submitting Oracle Budget Roles requests.
- We have added an additional choice when requesting an HR Cognos Report.
- The Request Catalog categories page has been updated:
- Category badges have been removed as they did not provide useful information to the user
- The list view of catalog items has been updated so that the user may sort items by their name or short description, either ascending or descending alphabetically.
- Previously, when adding additional comments to a SCTASK (catalog task type) without a parent RITM, it would create a new RITM. We saw this happen with general requests, but has been addressed in this release.
- When searching for a Service, the user will now be searching by 'contains' instead of 'starts with', generating more search results for the user to choose accurately.
Release 8.17.1 introduced the following new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on February 22, 2021.
- We previously updated the display value for when each comment was added. However, non-agent users were receiving an error message which has now been addressed.