Application Navigator: Work
The 'All' menu at the top of the Agent View contains many useful groupings (or Modules). We expect most agents to mostly use the top 3 Modules (Work, Self Service, and Cases), Dashboards, and Workspaces. This will go over the first option, Work.
When clicking 'All' the first option is 'Work'. Work is a group of navigation shortcuts that the ServiceNow team has curated to help Agents maneuver around the platform.
- The User Manual takes you to the Case Management category in the support.ucsd.edu Find Answers Knowledge Base.
- Dashboards brings you to your last viewed dashboard. To select a new dashboard, you'll click the black triangle after the title of your loaded dashboard.
- Create New Case brings to you the screen to create a new case. This is useful when you as an agent take a phone call or chat that needs a case created.
- While creating a case, you may have to select a Service Offering. If you don't know which to select, Find a Service Offering will bring you a table where you can search or browse against all active offerings.
- My Work is duplicated on our dashboards and is a filter that shows all active tickets of all types that are assigned to the agent logged in.
- My Groups' Work is duplicated on our dashboards and is a filter that shows all active tickets of all types that are assigned to the groups that the logged in agent belongs to.
- My Watched Tickets is duplicated on our dashboards and is a filter that shows all active tickets of all types where the agent logged in is either on the 'Internal Watchlist' or 'External Watchlist'.
- Created by Me are shortcuts that are occasionally useful for finding past work or items where the logged in agent is the customer.