ServiceNow 12.30.1 Release Notes
Release 12.30.1 introduced the following fixes to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on July 20, 2023.
- Fixed a bug on the Field Support Intake form that was showing a hidden field.
- Fixed a bug on the variables tab of the agent view for Order Computer Equipment request items
Release 12.30.0 introduced the following new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UC San Diego and was implemented on July 19, 2023.
- Enabled parent cases.
- Parent cases synchronize the following fields to their children: priority, state, comments, work_notes.
- Child cases can be found in the Related Lists of the Parent Case.
- Child cases with status Solution Proposed and Closed do not receive changes from parent, other than the comments.
- Please see the following KB article for more information on Parent Cases.
Request Item Forms
- Added new form: The Field Support Intake form is a brand new form for requesting hardware or software support from ITS Field Support.
- Made enhancements to Payment Request form to automatically enter invoices in OFC via API Call.
- Made minor changes for the Cash Deposits form to update wording and remove the currency section.
- Removed "Shipping" option for the E-Market Request form.
Order Computer Equipment Form
- Replaced HP MFP479fdn with the HP MFP 4301fdn under Printers.
- Software list updates
- Windows and MacOS
- Changed "FireEye Antivirus" to "Trellix".
- Windows only
- Removed "Dell Support Assist".
- UI changes per Jeremy
- Moved "Add Watchers" field to the end of the form, after the comment box.
- Converted variables/line breaks for the sections into real headers.
- Updated CSS to the software table.
- Added International Student Flag field under User Information. This data will not be populated until next release.
- Updated list views for the Request Item [sc_req_item] and Task [task] tables where the Task Customer.Department field is now a default column.
Agent Case View
- Added variables tab on the Submit a Ticket Advancement form.
- Updated Short Description for Authorized Payers and Non-Current Student cases.
- Added the Out-of-Box field called "asset function" back to the default form view for the Hardware table.
- Added a new "Loaner" function, for a total of four labels:
COVID-19 Related Tasks
- Set Work Location Status items to Active = False.
- Set Covid-19 Labor Expense Tracking Items Active = False.
- Added text to the 'Preview Script Usage' UI Action on REST Message Methods table.